In accordance with the vision of His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz - the President & Chairman of the Board of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH),related to the vital role of photography in enhancing the image of the Kingdom from touristic and cultural perspectives. His Highness is generous and keen to honor pioneers for their distinct contributions, the competition is a way of achieving the objectives and vision of His Royal Highness Prince Sultan bin Salman .the award is considered as an independent award that has a prestigious position as it is related to the name of His Highness. It rewarded since its creation since 2012 until now (24 ) winners who contributed in the domain of photography, development , preservation and documentation of national culture .The competition completed its seventh year ;it is global in its scope in that it attracts pioneers and talented experts who are interested in preserving and documenting heritage through photography and publications .
Take part in encouraging and honoring the most talented photographers and writers on the subject by nominating those that best capture and conserve the Kingdom's cultural heritage in the Prince Sultan bin Salman Photography Award, with a prize fund of 300,000 SAR.
Prince Sultan Award for Photography Pioneers in Saudi Arabia
This is an award that is reserved for those Saudi citizens who deliver outstanding services to the Nation through their professionalism in photography which enable them to improve photography in the Kingdom
Award for Publications
This award is open to all citizens as well as people from different nationalities, individuals or Governmental or private parties either they reside in the kingdom or outside Saudi Arabia they should deliver fruitful services to the nation through their publications related to photography and films.
Prince Sultan International Award for Cultural Heritage
The Prince Sultan Photography Award aims to discover those talented national and international photographers who are interested in conserving the world heritage through photography. They should have continuous contributions and activities contributing in preserving heritage through photography.
The prize fund for this year's Open has increased to a total of 300,000 SAR is to be divided among the above-mentioned categories .each category wins 100,000 SAR, in addition to an honorary shield during the inauguration ceremony of the Colors of Saudi Arabia Forum 2018.
Terms and Conditions of the Award:
- Nominated to Prince Sultan Award for Photography Pioneers in Saudi Arabia must be Saudi
- Non-Saudis may be nominated for Prince Sultan Award for Publications and Prince Sultan International Award for Cultural Heritage.
- Individuals or institutions may nominate themselves or nominate others for the prize.
- The nominated person or work has not received a previous prize from any other party, and does not accept the nomination of the winners in previous contests of the Prince Sultan bin Salman Award in any category.
- The Organizing Committee has the right to require a personal interview of candidates for the Pioneer Award by the Nominating Committee.
- The Committee should keep all nomination files that will never be returned to the candidates. Therefore, it is recommended not to submit any copy of the submitted works unless they are original copies. If necessary, the original works and copies will be requested and returned to the candidate.
- Nominations received after the deadline will be rejected.
- The prize committee can withhold one of the categories of the award if there are no nominations or weak nominations submitted or not meeting the nomination requirements.
- The prize committee may redistribute the prizes fund as it sees fit or increase the number of candidates in one of the categories.
- The General Authority for Tourism and National Heritage and the Organizing Committee of the Saudi Colors Forum are entitled tounlimited non-exclusive use of high- resolution photos for activities in all media, including social media, online and print as well as the use of the names of the winners of the prize and the winning works in all their publications and audiovisual advertisements. This right is attributed after having the permission of nominated so that there will not be any legal responsibility of the general Authority or the organizing committee of the Saudi Colors or the organizing committee.
- The honorees are chosen according to technical criteria set by the administration of the prize and then results are submitted to the patron of the award for approval.
- Decisions of the Prize Committee are final, unappeable and can’t be submitted to an appeal or contested by any candidate.
- Originality and scientific honesty: The work should be authentic, non-imitated, copied and takes into consideration public morality.
- The work shouldn’t contradict Islamic law or civil regulations or it includes something that contradicts social prevailing customs.
- Participation objectives: Participation should have achieved the objectives and desired results or are achievable and they are in accordance with the categories of His Royal Highness Prince Sultan Bin Salman Award for Photography.
- Intellectual property: The applicant (an enterprise or an individual) irrevocably acknowledges that he or she has all intellectual property rights relating to the work to which he or she participates. The applicant must be the copyright holder to submit the photos.
- Commitment: The participant is committed to bear any responsibility resulting from his participation. The Organizing Committee, the contest jury or the General Authority for Tourism and National Heritage don't bear any liability resulting from his participation towards any person.
- The organizing committee, the specialized committee that will choose the winners (contest jury) or the General Authority for Tourism and National Heritage does not assume any responsibility towards any of the persons who appear in the works submitted to the prize and that these persons are not entitled to refer to the organizing committee, the contest jury or the General Authority for Tourism and national Heritage Or their partners in any subject whatsoever, whether or not it is a claim or liability for damage or otherwise, and the person who assume the whole responsibility is the participant Who submitted for the award.
Process of Nomination and Selection
1. Fill out the form on the website.
2. ALIGNMENT to the general standards and objectives of participation.
3. Attach the required INFORMATIONS with the form.
4. In the case of having attachments such as (works, publications, scientific papers, documents and other things that the applicant sees fit according to the categories), they should be attached with the form and sent in the same e-mail with the label of each attachment.
5. Participations are sent to PSPAwards@colors.sa.
Winners of previous years
Photography PioneersMohammed bin Abdullah Al-Allahw
Photography PioneersSaad bin Mohammed al-Sunaidi
Publications and Literature"The Book of the Fursan Island: Earth, History and Man", by Mohsin bin Mohammed Al-Dajani
Cultural HeritageAbdulaziz bin Abdullah Al-Dakhil
Cultural HeritageAbdullah bin Jari
Publications and LiteratureHer Royal Highness:
Photography for Tourism Purposes
Faisal bin Zar'a
Photography PioneersNoha Al Ghaleb
Photography PioneersHamid Sulaiman
Photography PioneersSaud Al-Harbi
Photography PioneersAbdul Aziz al-Mashhash
Photography PioneersEssa Al-Hammoudi
Photography PioneersMohammed Babli
Photography PioneersSusan Salem Baqeel
Photography PioneersHani Al-Durai
Photography PioneersMohammed bin Ayda bin Bakheet al-Maliki
Photography PioneersAbdullah bin Saleh Nahd al-Dhahiri
Photography PioneersAdnan Hashim Al-Shubar
Photography PioneersMohammed Ali Al Ansari
Publications and LiteratureOkaz Foundation for Press and Publishing (Najran Book)
Publications and LiteratureYounes Sulaiman
Photography PioneersAbdullah bin Ali al-Dubeikhi
Photography PioneersMohammed Saleh Daoud Al-Shabib
Photography PioneersHamid Shalaby
Photography PioneersHamad bin Mohammed Al-Abdali
Photography PioneersSharif Issa Ankawi
Photography PioneersKhaled Khader
Photography PioneersSaud Mahjoub
Photography PioneersAli Al-Mubarak
Inquiries and Suggestions
For inquiries, please contact the Prince Sultan bin Salman Photography Award team, Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage at: